Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Wedding: The Day of & Getting Ready

Yes, it's been over six months since our wedding, I'm just now getting around to a few of recaps but the more I thought about this particular post, the more I wanted to write it so I wouldn't forget. In a perfect world, I would have those pretty pictures of me being laced into my dress and having my make-up done, but then I wouldn't have had all of the awesome "pre-wedding adventures" that my girls and I had on the big day.

As you might have noticed, I was a super DIY bride. (You did notice, right?) I had the plan. And from table setup to decor, I wanted to be involved. So that morning, I work up around 10:00AM completely chill but with a big smile on my face. I ran a few errands with my amazing MOH, Tabetha (best sister ever!) and then we all (Mom, sisters, best friends, and his family) made our way over to the reception hall a few towns over.

We did everything. We hung ornaments outside, my amazing in-laws spent the humid, early afternoon hanging their white Christmas lights on the deck for dancing that night, and we got everything prepped for the rental arrival later. It was sweaty but fun. I had made a mix CD for the trip down to my hometown the prior weekend, and I remember jamming to some Ke$ha (my guilty and very hidden pleasure) while working on the reception site.

We had done as much as possible before the clock said "Seriously, Megan, you have about 3 hours before you walk down the aisle" and it was time to head out. At this point in time, I was still feeling no nerves. Just kind of disconnected happiness at the fact that a wedding was going to happen. I'd like to attribute this to the fact that I work for an event planner and had set up for a few weddings in the past but I really think my calmness was a product of knowing that by the end of the day I'd be married to my high school sweetheart and that's all that really mattered.

Still, with three hours to go, we went to a leisurely lunch at an awesome Mexican food restaurant. (Seriously, I'm not sure how I'll survive without Mexican food when we move to the North one day). And then we made our way to the hotel room to get pretty. I really had so much fun before the wedding that I didn't start getting the flutters until about 30 minutes prior to the ceremony? (Is there a world record or something for this? I may have a shot!)


Amanda, Sarah, Me, & Tabetha (MOH)

It maybe wasn't your typical "day of" schedule but I had so much fun with my sisters, mom(s), and friends that I wouldn't have traded it for the world. So there you go, a "Day Of" recap over six months later. And after writing this post, I can think of a few more wedding related posts I'd love to put up for the sake of sharing and remembering!

1 comment:

  1. hope u hv a hppy married life girl! the pic is so pretty :)
    new follower here :) plz drop by my blog n' follow bck.. thnks! <3

    ReplyDelete