Thursday, March 3, 2011

Creativity Checklist: Rainbow Cake

Okay, I'm changing things up a little. Last "checklist" post, I said that I would be tackling the last of the wedding projects.... wellll, I decided to change it up last minute. With my first bridal show happening at the end of the month, I spent a huge amount of time in the kitchen, so I decided to switch my monthly item to tackling the "rainbow cake".

And I decided to match it to my dessert table and make it shades of blue (like I said, changing it up!) It was pretty fun to make and I was really pleased with the way it turned out. This was also my second time dealing with fondant. I'm learning!


I probably will make an actual "rainbow" colored cake around my birthday. (I can make my own birthday cake right?) But I love the way the blue turned out! And it's tasty. I may have cheated a little with boxed cake mix but the icing is homemade! Yum!

Want to see more of the dessert table this cake was in? Head over to the Très Sweet Designs blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment