Monday, November 15, 2010

"The Hangover" Inspired Dessert Table

"The Hangover" is one of the greatest movies ever, in my opinion and I was psyched when I hopped over to "Hostess with the Mostess" and saw that Jenn was planning her 10 year anniversary party to be in Vegas and this was going to be the theme! She put out the "creative call" for readers to submit inspiration and party ideas to see what the community could come up with. Well, I was not going to sit this one out!

One of the gliches she had expressed was not being able to find great ways to incorporate the tiger. I think I may have solved the problem. With my new found cookie obsession, I set out to create "steak" cookies. Oh, yes. I'm serious. And, no joke, they turned out great!

And for the rest of the table, I decided that a "destroyed hotel room" would be the inspiration. I used a crumpled bed sheet as the table cloth, threw out playing cards, clothes, and, if you're a real aficionado when it comes to the movie, you'll even notice the skittles tie in. ("Hey! There are skittles in there!")

How about some pictures?




I even created a little video, to a very familiar song (if you've seen the movie) to give a better idea of what's going on on the table. What an awesome theme! And, seriously, if you have not seen "The Hangover", go rent it. You will not regret it!



1 comment: