Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me


image

Yesterday, I turned 20 years old.

Oh yeah, I'm still a "youngin' ". But I don't feel 20. Honestly, for the last three years I've felt more like 28. My fiance and I live on our own and support ourselves, we both attend school and work, and we are always in the process of building up our home and our relationship. So while I am still very young, I feel like I'm in the right place to get married and take that next step in my life.

Earlier, this week a co-worker asked if I was nervous about the wedding. I explained to him that I was really just ready for the "party" part of it to be over, but that I couldn't wait to be married. "So, you're for sure he's the one and you're not nervous about actually being married?" No way. Being married to Josh is what keeps me calm about the whole thing.

There's a quote from the first Sex & the City movie where Samantha asks Charlotte how often she feels happy in her relationship and Charlotte responds "Everyday. Not all day, every day, but every day." That is exactly how I feel with Josh. I'm not fibbing, exaggerating, or trying to portray my relationship as perfect. This is just how we are and I'm thankful for it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment