Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our New Custom Curtains

Okay, maybe "custom" makes them sound a little bit more flashy than necessary, but they are indeed custom, because I made them.

Yup, I made them with our new bedroom specifically in mind. And the best part? It. Was. Simple.

I saw this exact tutorial on Young House Love (which is a flipping awesome blog and the couple who writes it (and their new baby) are so cute! You can find their DIY No-Sew curtain tutorial here.

Here are the pictures of our new curtains.

Before:

After:

Mostly the bedroom contains solid colors. Obviously the walls, but the bed spread and sheets are all solids as well. The curtains add a fun pattern that also provides a general theme for the room. I'll be adding some nice prints that I picked up at Hobby Lobby for 50% off and a huge frame that was marked down from $50 to $10 over the bed to continue the leafy pattern.

Oh and I hung up the curtain rod all by myself! That was a pretty proud moment. The bedroom is shaping up nicely. Lots of more DIY posts and my first "rescued" furniture piece are coming this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment