Monday, March 22, 2010

My Spring Break

Josh and I went home for Spring break and just got back home this evening. It was definitely a whirlwind but we got so much done. Everything that couldn't be done because of school and/or work got done in this week and thank heavens it did because I'd probably pull my hair out if nothing got scratched off that ever growing to-do list.

While at home we visited both venues, ordered our cake, reserved rental items, finalized the guest list, met with our preacher, and I got my dress altered. In addition to that list, we also got to spend a lot of time with our families together and separately. All-in-all, it was a really great trip.

When we got back home, we launched right into registering for gifts and apartment hunting. Now these are two adventures not to be left out.

Apartment hunting came first. We had been looking at a specific place that was a bit out of our price range before our "vacation". We scrambled over there as soon as we could to look at apartments because our lease is up at the end of May and we were feeling very behind in the "new home hunting" process. We fell in love with a two bedroom/two bath apartment with full washer and dryer connections (praise the lord!), a porch, and more than one closet!! There was one available for the second week in June. That night and the next day we went through our finances and all of our expected income and expenses to see if we could do it. We can! The next day we started the application process on our new apartment! I couldn't be more relieved. Nothing is more stressful than looking for a place to live. I'm so terrified to end up with a roach infested, hell-hole with crappy management, but that is not the case with this place. Yay!

Now the registrering for gifts is also a cute little story. We decided to only register at Target because we already live together and have most of what we need, and most people have access to a target. We got about halfway through our list of things we wanted when we came upon the "Pot & Pan" aisle. We were probably in that one aisle for 30 mintues going back and forth between sets. Once the bickering started we (mostly he) knew it was time to head home and come back on Sunday to finish. I wasn't quite ready to give up the scanner yet and I managed to get in the awesome vacuum cleaner I spotted before he dragged me out of the store. The next day we finished up the registry and no fights broke out!

*Oh and important note about Target!!!! If you are registering there, for the love of all that's holy, check your registery often. When we went back on Sunday, there was baby lotion on our list! I had heard some things about Target adding baby items to wedding registries and my boss who recently got married said her mother-in-law called in the middle of the night before they were married and asked why in the world there were diapers on their list! Scary!

So, I'll say this just incase something gets by us, if you are our family and you're reading this: There is nothing in the oven! The oven is absolutely empty!

And to finish up this productive week, today Josh and I opened our joint bank accounts and I mailed out the first batch of invitations. Now back to school work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment