Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update on Life

Hello!

Hope you all are enjoying the new year. Are your resolutions still going strong? I just thought I'd write a little about how things are going in my corner of the web.

I'm so glad for the new year! My boyfriend and I just bought a few new large pieces of furniture for our apartment and are in the process of a complete overhaul. I am now writing from my brand new desk! Maybe, if I'm feeling super ambitious, I'll share some before and after pictures. For the past couple of days I have been in 'organization mode' and I feel so accomplished. Everything from paperwork to socks and undies are now being put into a new home. Now all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope that it stays this way for more than one week!

I also have some clarifying to do for this blog. "No", I am not officially engaged yet. "Yes", I am getting married this August. Confused? Let me explain. My boyfriend and I have decided to get married. We have announced it to our parents, started planning, and are in the process of booking a church. So why no ring? Weeeellllll.... There was one... that was supposed to be here before Christmas. It was out of stock but the company didn't notify him until three weeks after he placed the order. Ridiculous? YES!!! You should have seen how upset he was. He kept saying it was the 'perfect ring' and now he has to find something else. Sad times. So that's that.

In other news, my best friend is now engaged. Sarah and I started out knowing each other through work and have now become super close. Her fiance proposed a few days after Christmas and she called me in a frenzy! I'm one of her bridesmaids and I am so looking forward to helping out with her wedding. I've asked her permission to feature some of the details of her wedding here and she has graciously agreed. So a new segment will soon be debuted entitled "My Best Friend's Wedding". Original huh? Eh, what can you do?

Hope everyone is ready to enjoy their weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment