Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resoultions 2012 ed.

It's that time. Well, it has been that time for the past few days but, I'm finally ready to nail to down some commitments to my resolutions for 2012. To be honest, I've never been too successful with resolutions. As I'm sure a lot of people can relate, I often start out really enthusiastic only to deliberately give up or completely forget about these goals. But, I don't think that means I shouldn't make resolutions. I feel that it's important to always have goals and, with college graduation right around the corner, I'm feeling really confident that I will have success in completing this year's commitments. So without further delay, I present my 2012 resolutions.




1. Read 12 books.
Ideally, one per month of course. Fiction or non-fiction, as long as I'm setting aside some time for recreational reading. I used to love curling up on the couch with a book and now I feel like I either don't have time to read or would rather be sleeping. But, I miss reading and I can't wait to pick it up again.

2. 52 blog posts (at least). Good news for the blog! More content! Especially through the last few months, I have been slacking, which is sad because I love this blog and I want to continue to build it up with quality posts. So be on the look out for at least one post for week. Hopefully more though!

3. Run a 5K. Eek. This is by far the scariest of all of my resolutions. I've never really been into running, but I feel like setting this as a goal will keep me motivated to get healthy. Completing a 5K would be such an amazing accomplishment.

4. Get organized. Is there anyone out there who doesn't have this on their list? I have been working hard on getting our household management, meal planning, and finances under control in the past month and my goal is just to keep plugging along until we've got some good systems in place (posts on this coming for sure!).

5. Take more pictures. So I tallied up the number of Facebook pictures I posted in 2011. 45. Pretty pathetic. I know I probably took a few more than what I posted on FB but I need to get better about using my fancy new camera. I'm guessing I'll be super thankful when I'm 70.

So, there you have it. A quick run down (and written commitment) of my 2012 resolutions. A good variety of goals for different aspects of my life. Here we go!

What are your resolutions? Any frequent flier resolutions that are on the list every year? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment